Vital Radio 147 with Morgan Page & Aren DeJong
Hour 1:Aren DeJong
(Right Click, Save As)
Aren De Jong is one of the few well-rounded music manipulation artists in his hometown of Toronto. This Canadian house & electronic music talent is among the top rising producer/DJ/engineer combos in the past decade. Current and forthcoming releases on several international labels in just the past few months are keeping him busy both in and out of the studio. Experience in the city’s better-known venues have led the path for him to know how the next best music should be delivered. “Nothing short of power and quality” is one of the many ways to describe his work in DJ booths, and studios alike.
1. Libex & Marshall – Black Conga (Alessio Caforio Remix)
2. Bass Kleph – I’ll Be OK (Original Mix)
3. Maya Jane Coles – Humming Bird (Original Mix)
4. Steffen Deux – Brooklyn (Original Mix)
5. DBerrie – Rising Sun (Original Mix)
6. Electric Tango – Sax Love Story (Dino’s Original Mix)
7. Freemasons ft. Sopie Ellis Bextor – Heartbreak Make Me a Dancer (Club Mix)
8. Chris Lake – Secrets In the Dark (Alex Kenji Remix)
9. Guy Gerber – Stoppage Time (Original Mix)
Hour 2: Morgan Page
(Right Click, Save As)
With over 130 remixes to his name, Morgan Page has earned a solid reputation for transferring insatiable pop energy to the dance floor in the form of banging, progressive house tracks.
The Pete York cover “Strange Condition,” a simple, spatial arrangement that highlights Page’s ability let his vocalists control the direction of a song, and not be driven towards emotional peaks and valleys by just synths and bass. Page uses a similarly subtle approach on “Tell Me Why,” featuring the velveteen vocals of Télépopmusik’s Angela McCluskey.
Elsewhere, Page enlists the talents of Matt Alber on “Agnus Dei” and Gabriel & Dresden alum Jan Burton on “Traces Remain” and the raucous “I’ve Had Friends.” On the moody “In The Dark,” Page himself takes a turn on the mic at the urging of another G&D contributor, Molly Bancroft, who was initially tapped to provide the vocals. For Page, it was simply the next logical progression in his maturation as a producer.
We catch up with Morgan Page, as he sets up the Vital Radio Guestmix.
1. Morgan Page, Sultan, Ned Shepard, and BT – “In The Air” [Nettwerk]
2. Florence & The Machine – “You’ve Got The Love” (Mark Knight Remix) [Toolroom]
3. Fedde Le Grand – “Metrum” [Toolroom]
4. Felguk – “Blow Out” [Dongle Records]
5. Quintino – “Raider” [Wall]
6. Avicii – “Sweet Dreams” (Gregori Klosman Remix) [Joia]
7. Pryda – “With Me” [Pryda]
8. Swedish House Mafia – “Save The World” (Alesso Remix) [EMI UK]
9. Nicky Romero – “Keyword” [Spinnin]
10. Bella – “Nobody Loves Me” (Hardwell Remix) [Ultra]
11. Pryda – “Mirage” [Pryda]
12. EDX – “Angry Heart” [Sirup Music]