(Right Click, Save As)
Aren De Jong is easily the best “sleeper” musical artist in his hometown of Toronto. This Canadian house & progressive talent is among the top rising producer/DJ/engineer combos in the past decade.
Current and forthcoming releases on several international labels in just the past few months are keeping him busy both in and out of the studio. Experience in the city’s better-known venues have led the path for him to know how the next best music should be delivered.
“Nothing short of power and quality” is one of the many ways to describe his work in DJ booths, and studios alike.
1. Dec D – Cold Drop (Original Mix)
2. Signal Six & David Akermanis – Cassie’s Law (the Signal Six mix)
3. Chris Micali – Schiphol (Santiago Nino Mix)
4. Chris Memmo & Andree Eskay – Affectation (Dousk Dub Electro mix)
5. David Akermanis & Signal Six – Casino Nights (the Signal Six mix)
6. Mobbing – Open Legs (Original mix)
7. Melleefresh & Deadmau5 – Afterhours (Smoothy House mix)
8. Tarkan – Start the Fire (Mouusse T. Abi’s Club mix)
9. Michael Quinn – Who Knows (Sara Galli & Francesco Belais remix)
(Right Click, Save As)
Gareth Wyn is taking clubland by storm. Mixmag Future Hero, Cream Ibiza Resident, he’s part of the nu breed, and his unique style combined with the ability to read and interact with the crowd is fast earning him a reputation as one of the scene’s rising stars.
Gareth mastered his DJ skills at Cream in Liverpool, where he’s become a steadfast in the main room for the clubland institution, developing a huge following with the superclub’s faithful. He’s been recognised as Best Breakthrough DJ at the Mixmag Ibiza Dance Awards and 2010 sees him return to Ibiza with Cream bi-weekly resident at the mighty Amnesia.
Gareth’s production skills are also gaining serious recognition. As a DJ producer his appreciation transcends genre, signed to the legendary Maelstrom Records for his up tempo productions and the market leader Cr2 for his house output, he also releases more underground music on his own label Beat That.
A classically trained musician, Gareth writes, produces and engineers from his own studio and his demand as a remixer has exploded in the last 12 months. He’s worked on the last two Beyonce singles ‘Broken Hearted Girl’ and ‘Video Phone’ for Sony, as well as remixing Leona Lewis’ latest single for Simon Cowell’s Syco label. Add to that his huge remix of BT’s ‘Flaming June’, signed to Tiesto’s label Blackhole for a 2010 release, and remixes for The Gossip, Junkie XL and the house re-work for the huge DJ Mujava ‘Township Funk’. Well, he’s here tonight, inside the Vital Radio Guestmix.
1. Gareth Wyn – Shine
2. Sted-E & Hybrid Heights – En El Momento
3. John Shelvin – Welcome to Paradise
4. John Dahlback – Autumn
5. Gareth Wyn – 707
6. Luventina – Nightshift (Nikola & Groovenatics)
7. Janika Team – Make This Groove (Mark Mendez Main Room Mix)
8. DJ Mujava – Township Funk (Gareth Wyn Remix)
9. John Shelvin – Sparta
10. Pegasus (White Label)
11. Gareth Wyn – Chrome