So here we are at the end of another year and what a year it was. Armin Van Buuren reclaimed the number one spot on the DJ Mag Top 100 DJ poll, the Grammy awards honoured Dance Music with performances from Deadmau5 and David Guetta. Sweden’s Loreen took home the Eurovision award and who could forget Paris Hilton’s amazing gig in Brazil?
Yes you could say that 2012 was the year Dance Music, or EDM as it is more frequently referred as now, finally crossed over to the mainstream with a vengeance. When Calvin Harris and Rihanna make a track together, you know that EDM artists are on top of their game.
As in the years past, thousands of tracks were released in the last 12 months and thousands of those made it onto our playlist here at DJFM. Some became more popular than others with you, our faithful listener, some even reaching the number 1 spot on our weekly DJ Top 30 countdown. Now the time has come to decide what the biggest 108 tracks of the year were. Will Zedd be on this list? Will Sander Van Doorn? How will emerging Canadian artists like Nancy Diaz and our own WildAce do this year? Will Swedish House Mafia‘s farewell single make it on the countdown?
You have to help us and decide by casting your vote for your favourite Top 5 tracks of the year. Tracks that made you move, groove, cry and smile.
To show our appreciation for your hard work, we want to send you and two of your friends to Miami for the Ultra Music Festival which in 2013 will be spread out over 2 weekends in March. We’ll throw in a 14 night stay at the Hilton Bentley on Ocean Drive in South Beach and $5000 in spending money. PLUS you will be our VIP guests at the Ultra Music Festival meeting and greeting your favourite EDM artists as they prepare for their performances.
So what do you say? Did Nervo give you a reason to vote for them this year? Did Amelia Lily bring you joy? Maybe you became good internet friends with the Knife Party? Ok that might be a bad example but cast your vote and help us compile the Top 108 EDM tunes chart of 2012 which will air live here on DJFM on Tuesday January 1st starting at noon.
*****Voting is now closed make sure you listen on New Year’s day starting at noon for the results.*****
- Only one vote per email/per IP. Double votes will not be counted.
- Voting open to all ages and all countries.
- Prize will be awarded to residents of Canada and United States of America, 21 years of age and older only.
- Prize includes (14) night (3) room hotel rental, (3) Round-trip flight from winner’s local airport, (1) $5000 pre-paid Visa credit card, (3) Vip guest entrance passes at UMF.
- One winner will be chosen in a random draw on January 1st 2013
- Prize is not transferable.
- The winner must have a valid passport and be able to travel to Miami between March 14 2013 and March 28th 2013.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring the winner’s guests are legally able to travel.
- DJFM and BrantMedia Inc. will not be held responsible for winner’s or winner’s guests medical or legal fees levied as a result of winner’s or winner’s guests behaviour.
- Current employees of BrantMedia Inc. and their immediate families are excluded from the contest.
- Current show hosts for DJFM Toronto are excluded from the contest.